- Date and time:
- Saturday, November 02, 2013 @ 8:30 A.M.
- Event type:
- Obstacle Course Challenge and Baseball Clinic with the Legends
- Event address:
- Lacy Park, 1485 Virginia Rd, San Marino.
- City and state:
- San Marino , CA
- The Danny’s Farm Annual 5K Run/Walk & Obstacle Challenge has moved to San Marino’s historic Lacy Park and been expanded to include new activities such as the “Danny’s Farm Baseball Clinic with the Legends.”
Danny’s Farm is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that pairs loving farm animals with special needs children to provide opportunities for discovery and learning. Additionally, Danny’s Farm offers employment opportunities for adults with disabilities. Proceeds from this event will be used to support this mission, allowing Danny’s Farm to positively impact even more individuals with special needs.
Day-of activities/events include:
REGISTRATION/PACKET PICK-UP: 7:00A.M.-8:30A.M.
RUN/WALK START: 9:00 A.M.
OBSTACLE COURSE CHALLENGE: 10:00 A.M.
5K AWARDS CEREMONY: 10:00 A.M.
BASEBALL CLINIC WITH THE LEGENDS: 11:00 A.M.
RESOURCE & VENDOR FAIR: 7:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M.
- Course Map
- Event features:
- Finisher’s Medal
- Goody Bag, value: $20.00
- Course Certified
- Race Pictures
- Event Timed
- Food and Drinks
- Kid’s Activities
- Course description:
- This is a fast and flat course with a slight incline near the beginning of the route. The course begins on paved roads and finishes on natural grass.
The course runs east out of the park and covers Saint Albans, Mill Road, and Virginia Street before turning back into Lacy Park at the corner of Garfield and Marengo. At all turns you will see markers and volunteers to help direct you.
- Directions to start:
Please make your way to the start line fifteen minutes prior to the beginning of the run/walk challenge (8:45 A.M.) to secure your spot. If you plan to walk, have strollers, or bring a pet (must be on-leash), please be sure to position yourselves near the back of the crowd, leaving room for participants planning to compete. Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated.
Directions to the park: Exit on Garfield from 10 FWY and head North towards Pasadena; make a right turn on Huntington Drive, then left on Virginia Road. Entrance is located on left hand side.
From 210 FWY, exit on Sierra Madre and head south (left) towards San Marino. Make a right on Huntington Drive, then another right turn on Virginia Road, entrance is located on the left side.
- There is plenty of free parking on Monterey Road, Virginia Street, and Saint Albans (no permit required). Participants are also encouraged to use the Metro Link, which stops at Mission Street and Meridian in neighboring South Pasadena.
(M: Overall) (M12 & under) (M:13-15) (M:16-18) (M:19-29) (M:30-39) (M:40-49) (M:50-59) (M:60-69) (M:70-79) (M:80-89) (F: Overall) (F12 & under) (F:13-15) (F:16-18) (F:19-29) (F:30-39) (F:40-49) (F:50-59) (F:60-69) (F:70-79) (F:80-89)
- Additional Info:
- OBSTACLE COURSE CHALLENGE: 10:00 A.M. Participants will be timed from start to finish. There is an option to not complete the course. Lifting, climbing, and crawling may be included.
KID’s 1K RUN CHALLENGE: 10:00 A.M.
BASEBALL CLINIC WITH THE LEGENDS: 11:00 A.M. Make sure to bring your glove & baseball bat.
AZTLAN ATHLETICS PREMIUM PERFORMANCE WEAR: New Balance shoes at 50% off for those who provide verification of registration.